Saturday, February 26, 2011

Designing Experiments

After I had painted a facsimile of the collage I did in class I started tweaking the shape and thinking about how I could use the shapes in a project. I was getting proposals ready for a seminar whose theme is "A Touch of Glass" and the idea of using the design in some sort of project resulted in this general idea (from my sketchbook).

I liked the idea but it hasn't gone anywhere yet. It might never. It would be a good chance for me to experiment with painting or printing on canvas. It might also be a fun idea for a multi-layered project, colored sections layered over a black background to simulate stained glass.

Another thought was to use the flames to fill in a specific shape with couching all around them.

This is just a rough sketch of the possibilities. Again, it hasn't gone anywhere and might never. But it has been fun to speculate. Maybe place the flames all around the outside of an open center, much like a picture frame. Maybe an actual picture frame. Hmmmmmmmmm.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive