Wednesday, March 16, 2011

Designing experiments

Just a quickie today. I actually started stitching my daffodil. It will probably take me forever as I'm the world's slowest cross stitcher, even using two hands, but I've wanted to do it forever. So I am!! I'm stitching it on black Congress cloth over one with a single strand of DMC floss.

Here's my progress so far.
This is the upper left corner. I decided to also alternate the direction of my stitches, so the bands that run vertically I'm stitching normally ( / then \ ). The bands that run horizontally I'm stitching backwards ( \ then / ). This should alter the way the light bounces off the surface. And since this is for me and not a class, I can play around and do whatever I want.

WOW! That is a novel concept for me. What freedom! WOO HOO!!!!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive